Liz Perurena Blog #2

When we were preparing for our presentation, I was a bit nervous that I was going to mess my part up in some way. I am still not very comfortable with speaking in public, but I am really glad and I believe that I improved slightly from last presentation. I still have a lot of improvement to make to the the way that I give my information to others. For our team's next presentation, I want to personally focus on speaking a bit slower and more clearly. I would like to stutter less and I think that is something that will get better with more experience. I feel that this will help me improve the delivery of the information and help the audience understand me more. While we were gathering the information for our section, which was an overview of the history of gender inequality, I found a lot of interesting things that were related to the subject and that I wanted to talk about in the presentation. It was kind of difficult to decide what information should be included and which information should be left out when taking the time we had to present into consideration. In the end, I feel that we left out some information that could have been good to have in the slides, but I believe that we did a good job in giving a good timeline and foundation for the rest of the presentation. I am proud of the information that my teammates gathered and I am very happy with the presentation we gave. They were really easy to work with and I am looking forward to doing that again on our next project. I think that the other two groups presented really interesting information. Their presentations were clear and easy to understand; I thought that their slides were very well organized. Their slides were also pretty simple to read because of this. With the climate change team, I really enjoyed learning about the different types of pollution that are currently occurring and have been occurring for a long time. Seeing the effect that it has on the earth and the possible things that could be done for the future was very insightful. Their presentation was a reminder to be more careful and mindful about the things that I do in regards to the planet. With the infrastructure team, I really enjoyed learning about the importance that it plays in our daily lives. That was something that was very clearly seen throughout the various sections. For future presentations, I think that we would all benefit more from reading less directly from the screen. I think this would make our presentations visually less cramped, as we would ideally write a bit less in the slides, and it would make the way that we give our information to the class flow with more ease. For my group, I would like to make our next presentation be more visually appealing in the sense that the slides be more cohesive and that they look more similar. 

Comments

Post a Comment