John Rosales Blog#2

This new presentation was interesting and different than the first one we had presented due to many new things we had to discuss about the topic at hand. Our first presentation was not fully finished unlike this second one. We learned how to express and talk to our classmates without being super nervous and scared and were able to communicate our ideas easier. I was able to explain pictures that I had set up for my presentation which lead to people understanding my point of view way easier. We gained experience from our very first presentation which made everything easier and less nerve racking. I feel that my group which was group 3 did a great job at putting this presentation together relating to the topic at hand. We all worked together and were able to really explain gender inequality to my other classmates in a very detailed manner, not to mention we had a few interviews which helped see different point of views regarding this project.

    Gender inequality is something that is a work in progress and is not currently fair in this world. We presented about different types of scenarios in work stations and public places that many people believe in gender inequality and others simply dont believe it to be true or fair. Some people support gender inequality and go as far as to write articles and multiple discussions to help support this movement, while others simply dont care about it.

    During my part of the project I got to share my section with my team and we communicated the best we could to make this presentation be as detail oriented but not wordy to a point where it was too much to read. Our part of the presentation was about the current state of gender inequality and the future solutions to help gender inequality reach a decent goal. We divided it in between both of us to make it fair. My partners and I each got 1 of the topics and wrote about them yo included pictures and graphs to help show a true aspect of gender inequality properly with factual information.

    Even though my entire group was able to speak loud and clear during presenting I believe theres still room for improvement for everyone. I personally also want to be able to speak my mind instead of reading the entire thing of my slide on my next presentation. The group that presented regarding climate change also did really good and I feel as if they talked about everything they had to since they were straight to the point and talked about the main stuff without driving too much about the same topic. They got me to understand more a less what it was about and the pictures guided me to imagine things easier.

    Lastly, I believe our second presentation was surprisingly a bit better mostly because this time we know exactly what to expect and how to express our ideas clearly without dragging the same information over and over but to get straight to the point. Although something we should probably work on is not being shy and talking a little more naturally, but that can only be achieved through repetition and practice which is why this class is a great way to do that. Not to mention our groups worked together and made our second presentation just as successful as the first one which makes it even funner to make these presentations for self improvement in skill for public speaking and personal learning.

Comments

  1. Very nice reflection!! I am glad you are finding enjoyment from the presentations. I certainly am!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment